Social media is an excellent place for sharing your thoughts and ideas to the world and create a community and follower-ship. One such way is by content creation on video search engines like Youtube, Dailymotion, etc. Some people are even using these platforms as their permanent jobs. But some times a new comer uploads a video that just blows the internet, everybody in the school is talking about it, it’s the hot topic for that week. These are the viral hits that gain million of views in a matter of days, and bring new upcoming content creators to the limelight. Also, some of the established creators create a trend setter that becomes viral overnight.
Here are top 5 viral videos of 2017:
1. Water bottle flip Challenge: A water bottle, some water (of-course), a table (actually any flat surface would do), a camera and a bunch of people to cheer you up. That’s all you need to become an internet celeb. Like every other challenge on the internet, the pioneers of this is no other than Dude Perfect, one of the established youtube giants with over 20 millions subscribers. They did it and after that, an outburst of similar challenges followed. What made their effort special is the introduction of their trademark trick shot style, and performing almost impossible like tricks.
2. Fidget Spinner: When we were kids we were told that toys are for kids, but today’s you can throw that definition out of the window. People are performing tricks with it or spinning them to extreme speeds just for fun. This toy was first time introduced by another YouTuber, Unbox Therapy, with a subscriber base of 8 million plus he already had an audience but nobody knew that something this oddly satisfying would make the internet go crazy.
3. Mannequin Challenge: Yes 2017 is the year of challenges, and here’s another one. Nobody knew that watching people trying to stay motionless while they were filmed will be so frustratingly enjoying. The biggest hit of this challenge was done by ThatcherJoeVlogs, a youtube channel with over 3.5 million subscribers. The video is called “Ultimate Mannequin Challenge” and it truly is ultimate.
4. Sneezing baby Panda: How can you not like panda’s, the epitome of cuteness. And when a baby panda sneezes, you guessed it, its a viral video in the making. Watching a sneezing a panda was never so satisfying.
5. Avocado Kid: First there was the kazoo kid, and now there’s the avocado kid. I think people like kids. A 6-second vine of a kid unwrapping his Christmas present is funny as hell.
Despacito by Luis Fonsi Ft. Daddy Yankee – Yes, I had to feature this one. A Spanish song that almost no one understands but everyone loves has become the biggest hit of 2017 and has racked 2.6 billion views in just 6 months. It also has a sort of English version by Justin Bieber.